The very next day, Gwen got sick, and it freaked me out. Logan just left to play church ball when I took Gwen out of her booster chair after dinner. She stumbled into the living room and just stood there. I noticed she was shaking quite badly, like she was cold. I picked her up, and realized how hot she felt. She had a fever of 102, and I couldn't get a hold of Logan! I called everyone I could think of, including the hospital (but they weren't allowed to give advice over the phone), because I had no idea what to do. It finally dawned on me to call the after hours nurse for the pediatrician's office. She basically told me to give her Tylenol every four hours, and make sure that her fever doesn't spike to 104; if it did, I would then have to take her to the hospital. She's almost two, and she has never had a fever before. She's never been really sick! She threw up once because of something she ate, and she has had mild colds, but never something that knocked her out. Gwen still runs and plays with her fever (it's impossible to keep this girl still) but once in a while, she would just crash on the couch and rest for a few minutes. Just this told me she was sick. Today, her fever has gone down considerably, thank goodness, and she's back to her old self. I'm not sure if she caught some bug from the playground, but now it makes me feel a bit wary to take her there again any time soon. We probably will though, just because we don't want to live in fear of Gwen getting minor illnesses. She loved the playground. I can't wait to get more pictures.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Swingin Fever
This is going to sound odd, but the other day week took Gwen to the park for the very first time. She's almost two years old. I guess we never took her, because by the time she was old enough to run around the park, I was fat and sluggish and pregnant again. Anyway, Gwen loved the swings. She would have spent hours swinging if we would have let her. Logan and I had to pry her away so she could try the other equipment, like the slide. She spent most of the time trying to go up the slides, rather than sliding down them. 


The very next day, Gwen got sick, and it freaked me out. Logan just left to play church ball when I took Gwen out of her booster chair after dinner. She stumbled into the living room and just stood there. I noticed she was shaking quite badly, like she was cold. I picked her up, and realized how hot she felt. She had a fever of 102, and I couldn't get a hold of Logan! I called everyone I could think of, including the hospital (but they weren't allowed to give advice over the phone), because I had no idea what to do. It finally dawned on me to call the after hours nurse for the pediatrician's office. She basically told me to give her Tylenol every four hours, and make sure that her fever doesn't spike to 104; if it did, I would then have to take her to the hospital. She's almost two, and she has never had a fever before. She's never been really sick! She threw up once because of something she ate, and she has had mild colds, but never something that knocked her out. Gwen still runs and plays with her fever (it's impossible to keep this girl still) but once in a while, she would just crash on the couch and rest for a few minutes. Just this told me she was sick. Today, her fever has gone down considerably, thank goodness, and she's back to her old self. I'm not sure if she caught some bug from the playground, but now it makes me feel a bit wary to take her there again any time soon. We probably will though, just because we don't want to live in fear of Gwen getting minor illnesses. She loved the playground. I can't wait to get more pictures.
The very next day, Gwen got sick, and it freaked me out. Logan just left to play church ball when I took Gwen out of her booster chair after dinner. She stumbled into the living room and just stood there. I noticed she was shaking quite badly, like she was cold. I picked her up, and realized how hot she felt. She had a fever of 102, and I couldn't get a hold of Logan! I called everyone I could think of, including the hospital (but they weren't allowed to give advice over the phone), because I had no idea what to do. It finally dawned on me to call the after hours nurse for the pediatrician's office. She basically told me to give her Tylenol every four hours, and make sure that her fever doesn't spike to 104; if it did, I would then have to take her to the hospital. She's almost two, and she has never had a fever before. She's never been really sick! She threw up once because of something she ate, and she has had mild colds, but never something that knocked her out. Gwen still runs and plays with her fever (it's impossible to keep this girl still) but once in a while, she would just crash on the couch and rest for a few minutes. Just this told me she was sick. Today, her fever has gone down considerably, thank goodness, and she's back to her old self. I'm not sure if she caught some bug from the playground, but now it makes me feel a bit wary to take her there again any time soon. We probably will though, just because we don't want to live in fear of Gwen getting minor illnesses. She loved the playground. I can't wait to get more pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would be really scared to take her back too, hopefully it really was just a nasty bug though! Either way=NO FUN!
I'm glad Gwen is feeling better. It looks like she had a blast at the park.
I love going to the park, I am planning on spending sometime there this summer. We should all go sometime. I especially love the swings too. I bet Gwen was like, How come I didn't know this existed? I am glad Gwen is feeling better that would have been really scary.
I really can't believe that was the first time she'd gone! Glad she had so much fun but sad that she got sick. Good to hear she's feeling better! I have to try not to think about the germs out there, I mean think about the play area in McDondald's yikes!!!
Sweet babes with fevers...no fun! Glad she shook it off fairly quickly. The joy now is when your kids pass the 'bug' back and forth to each other! You did a good job...sick kiddos can be scary!
Post a Comment