Monday, May 18, 2009

Pooped!

The grossest thing while being a mother happened last night. And this is saying a lot, since Gwen has done some pretty gross things (like pee all over the bathroom floor, tried to stick already chewed food into my mouth, sticks her hand down her diaper, sucked on a nose bulb) but this one has topped them all. We were watching TV when Logan sniffed the air and crinkled his nose. He said, "I think Gwennie poo... OH, NO!" Gwendolyn had poop caked on both her hands, on her feet, up and down her arms and legs, and there were spots of poo all over the carpet. I just about fainted. Logan refuses to change poopie diapers, so it was up to me to clean it all up. I tried to get her to the bathroom without letting her touch anything, but a wall did get smeared, and so did a door. I've heard of stories of kids who took their dirty diapers off and played with it, but Gwen had her diaper on still! I'm not completely sure how it happened. I'm sorry if this is TMI, but it was so gross that I had to share.

So today, I bought Gwen a training potty in hopes we can avoid too many of these happenings. I'm not exactly sure how to go about potty training, so any advice will be appreciated!

5 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

niiiiiice job gwen.... Seriously, I am NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT STAGE!!!!!! Does she still wear onesies? I've heard that's why ppl keep their kids in them longer because then they can't get to their diaper. As far as potty training, i have no idea. You get it down with gwen then teach me for Ethan. :) Good Luck!

Eliza said...

What no pictures? Hahahaha just kidding!!! Um, yeah it is pretty gross when that kind of stuff happens, why are kids fascinated with that kind of thing? I hate it when they poop in the tub, that is no fun cleaning up. As for potty training I would just let her run around without a diaper and drink whatever she wants all day and then take her in there all the time. Then give her a reward if she does it. Let her watch you go to the bathroom and read her books about it. Has she already gone in it a few times? Does she know what it's for? It's easier when they know what it is and they want to do it. It's honestly been different with each of my kids, they are all so individual. My kids love the book Once Upon a Potty by Alona Frankel. Good luck.

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

We live in Brentwood Apts. Its over behind dairy queen, back by the wic and medicaid buildings. We totally should get together. Ethan would love a little friend!

The Tibbitts said...

Ohhh . . . I am so sorry! Let me know how the potty training thing goes.

Lindsay and Ron said...

She's so curious! I would have thrown up for sure!