Friday, May 22, 2009
Playing House
What a week it has been. We all have colds here, including Phoebe. Gwen's been playing her heart out as usual, never slowing down even with her hacking cough. I'm not worried about her. She gets colds all the time ever since she started nursery. (I think there should be two nursery's in church: one for the healthy, non-sniffling children, and one for the sickies.) But I am actually quite concerned for Phoebe. She had been coughing some for the past couple days, but this morning, she woke up with a bad cough and stuffy nose. I've had to suction her nose quite a few times, just so she can eat. Her cough is deep in her chest, which worries me so much. She has a doctor's appointment today at 2:30, so I've been watching the clock all morning, waiting to rush my baby to the doctor. It's probably just a cold, but every time Gwen or Phoebe gets sick, I freak out. I think I watch too many hospital dramas and TLC specials. I always expect one of my daughters to have some rare infant disease. I'm always trying to play House. "Okay, so my daughter had a fever, doesn't any more, but now has a hacking cough. I wonder what her BP is..." I call the office nurse all the time. I am a little paranoid, I admit, but Phoebe is so little, despite all her baby fat. It's scary watching her struggle through a coughing fit. Please keep her in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh no... its never good to be sick, especially when it's a tiny baby! Im sorry!! I hope everyone gets to feeling better, and soon! She's in our prayers!
Yea, I think the plan is to keep Ethan in his crib until Logan is about 4-5 months old. We have a bassinet that L can sleep in for the 1st month or so, then our pack and play has the raised bassinet so I think we'll keep him in that for another 3 months. Actually, haha I have no idea what were going to do, but that is the plan so far. What age do you think Gwen will be ready? You'll have to let me know how it goes when you do it, because right now E just jumps up and down on it.
It's always so hard when they are so little and they can't breathe very well through their mouths, it makes you worry even that much more about them. Hope she gets better soon.
Post a Comment