Thursday, April 22, 2010

A New First

Gwen must have caught a stomach bug from nursery a couple of weeks ago, because last week she woke up in the middle of the night sick. It took her a couple of days to get over it. She was so quiet and cuddly. I hate it when she's sick, but a calm Gwen is something special. She would pull me over to the couch, saying "my tummy hurts," and that was my cue to sit and cuddle with her and watch tv. She's pretty much over it now. Sometimes she'll come over to me and pout, "My tummy hurts!" because she wants special hugs. She's adorable.

Last night, Phoebe woke up in the middle of the night with the stomach bug! It was so sad. Her first tummy sick. I had to bring her out in the living room and stay up with her for hours. Gwen was never sick like this when she was a baby. I'm not exaclty sure how to handle it, but I think we're managing. She sleeps a lot, and though it's hard for her to keep anything down, I make her drink her water. I give her cuddles, wipe downs, and extra loves, and I don't think there's much more any one could do. She's weak, but sometimes she'll get on the floor to play for a couple minutes. I'm just glad they didn't get sick at the same time. Now I'm praying Logan and I don't get it. (We will. Who am I kidding?)

Since Phoebe is anti-crib, I set her up on the couch. I had to surround her with all her friends, because she misses me when I don't hold her, even when I'm just in the kitchen. Her friends made her feel better.

Gwen thought it was pretty neat and wanted in, too.


While I was putting Phoebe down for a nap in her crib (she's still in there!) Gwen covered herself up on the couch to drink some milk. I surrounded her with the toys. She gets pretty jealous of her sister, so, even though Gwen's not sick, I have to give her all the extra care I've been giving Phoebe. Oh, well. Who doesn't need extra hugs once in a while?

This picture has nothing to do with stomach bugs. I've been trying to get Gwen to use the potty, and she's pretty determined not to. But Phoebe seems all for it. She get's mad when Gwen is on it for too long and she'll try to push her off. Then she climbs onto the potty herself and stays put for a while. At this rate, I'll be potty training them both at the same time. I can't wait. I'm so sick of changing diapers. Almost three straight years now! Is it silly to fast for your child to use the potty? Because I'm seriously thinking about doing just that. Either that or throwing away all her diapers and strapping the child down until she goes. That sounds like a really good idea right now.Oh well. I guess she'll go when she's ready.
Seems like Phoebe's ready now, though.

No comments: