Sometimes Gwen can make me want to jump screaming from the window (good thing we live on the bottom floor) but this girl can make my day brighter in an instant. One minute, I'm pulling out my hair and the next I'm practically rolling on the floor laughing. I love this crazy one.
Right before Logan and I go to bed, Logan goes in to Gwen's room and tucks her in. This is how he discovered her the other night...
How in the world?? Which reminds me - Gwen's been "reading" up a storm lately. She has three books that she wants read over and over again lately, and last week I told her to read "Go, Dogs, Go" to me (I was sick of the story.) So she began to recite the book back to me word for word! She was startled, I could tell, that should could "read" the book. She kept laughing hysterically after each page and jumping up and down excitedly. She now doesn't let me read it to her anymore. All I have to do is turn the pages. She can also recite "PJ Funnybunny" and a lot of "Are You My Mother?" She's a clever little girl!
And the other day while I was making room in her closet and making a pile of things I was giving to DI, she found her old diaper changing pad, strapped herself into it, and walked around in it for over an hour. She would even lie down in it to watch tv. When she was a baby, her changing table would settle her down out of the most terrible crying tantrums. I guess it proved to be still comforting. Now another baby will get to be comforted, as I still gave it to the DI. She doesn't miss it...
I just love it when she lets me put her hair up!
In other news -
Last week, Logan and I had eye doctor appointments and we got new glasses! Well, Logan got new glasses, I got glasses for the first time ever. Before I got pregnant with Gwen, I had great eyesight and prided myself that I was the only one among my friends who didn't need glasses. Well, pregnancy hormones made me near sighted, so now I have my own pair of corrective lenses.
Logan's hot, new glasses. I don't know if you remember, but his old glasses were silver and slightly too big for his face. Now he's even sexier, don't you think? Yes? I thought so.
I'm not quite as stylish in glasses. Not all all. I think they're too big, or something. Maybe I just need to get used to them. I look like a strict librarian.
Good thing I don't need to wear them all the time. Just when I want to see at a distance, when I'm watching tv, at the grocery store, or while driving. Stuff like that. Logan needs his all the time. He's going blind. Sad day. Good thing he looks so good in them!
6 comments:
Great glasses guys! Gwen is too funny... kids sure do amaze their parents!
I think you both look good in glasses. I have to wear glasses for the same reasons that you do, and I think you look way better in them than I do! I bet it is nice to be able to see 20/20 again.
Oh, I miss my girls! They are looking soooo grown! Congrats on the new glasses...you both look great!
I don't know what you're talking about Rache, I think you look awesome in your glasses! Much better than I look in mine! Thank goodness for contacts haha
Gwen is a scream! Those pictures are so hilarious!
Gwen is hilarious and it would seem she is taking after her father in the reading department. Your glasses are great! More like the "hot" librarian, haha! I too am blind as a bat. Must be in the Owen genes. My glasses would be about an inch thick if I didn't have that special lens slimming thing that costs a fortune. I long for lasik one day...
PS Thanks for your comment, it made me feel really good! :)
Welcome the the world of blindness! You both look really great in your new glasses. I wish we lived closer so we could see all of the girls' antics as they grow up.
Post a Comment