Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Day

We hope everyone had a great Easter/conference weekend! We certaainly did. The girls got baskets and pigged out on candy all Easter morning. We stayed in jammies most of the day and cuddled up on the couch to watch the conference talks. Gwen was excited to point out "Present Monson" whenever he appeared. Even though it was just the four of us for the holiday, I wanted to make a big meal. It was my first big, holiday meal ever, so I was extremely pleased that everything turned out yummy. I jump on any reason to pig out. The only leftovers we have are rolls and apple spice cake, and they will be gone before the end of the day. So freaking good! Thanks, Patti, for the delicious spice cake recipe! I will be making that often.

Of course, Gwen didn't completely understand why we celebrate Easter. I told her we celebrate Jesus coming back. Through out the day, she'd say "Jesus is in the sky. He came back!" I love it when she gets excited to learn about Christ. The talks given in conference touched a lot on teaching your children in the home. I'm not sure how to make a 2 year old understand most things pertaining to the gospel. I'm not sure how to explain some things. I'm sure Heavenly Father will help us!


Gwennie was all too eager to help share Phoebe's basket.
The girls had a ball playing with all the bunnies the Easter bunny left to guard the baskets.

Happy Easter!!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Your girls are adorable! So glad you had a fun weekend.

Maci said...

The pictures of Phoebe eating the bunnies and Gwennie hugging the bunny are just so adorable! I love you! I'm glad that your Easter was good.