Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sleeping Cutie

Yesterday, Logan and I decided to summon our courage and buy Gwen a toddler bed. We had been hesitant to do so, because we were sure Gwen would run away in the middle of the night. But we bought a fence to put in her door frame and, with some peace of mind, tried to get her to sleep for the first time (since she turned one, anyway) to sleep in a bed. Logan and I couldn't believe the success we had! She did not get up once. She thought her bed was the coolest thing ever and slept peacefully all night long. (Nap time today was a different story. Too many tempting toys and not sleepy enough. And she managed to soak herself and her bedding with milk.) We are very proud of Gwen. She's growing up! Now if only she would use the potty with such ease! 

Lovin' her bed.
She's wearing an old 18 month Disney Princess shirt that I dug out of storage for Phoebe. When Gwen saw it she snatched it up, carried it around for a while, then insisted that I put it on her. I don't think she'll let Phoebe ever wear it.

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

way to go gwen!!!!! ...and mom and dad for taking the extra step :)

Owen Family said...

Good for her! Hopefully naptime will get easier too. Good luck with the potty training. As you know, even after 6 kids, I still don't know how to do it. Somehow the kids seem to figure it out on their own eventually.

Michelle said...

Yay for Gwen! It took me a second to get the title. Ha Ha. What a big girl she is!

Lindsay and Ron said...

How fun for her! She is a sleeping cutie!