Sunday, February 14, 2010

Phoebe Turned One!

Yesterday was Phoebe's first birthday! My baby has grown up so fast. She can now walk up to 10 steps at a time, she says "mama" and "dadda" and will mimic just about anything you say. She waves bye bye backwards (with her fingers fanning her) and gives kisses on demand. She can rough and tumble along with Gwen, and she adores her big sister fiercely. She's still a mama's girl and I wouldn't have it any other way (though I wouldn't mind if she warmed up to the rest of the family.) I love my Phoebe. I absolutely, positively love the name Phoebe. I liked it before, but seriously, I've come to think it's the perfect, greatest name for our lovable, gorgeous, funny, playful daughter. She's been a great addition to our family, and I can't imagine our lives without her. She's definitely teaching me patience and how to be a better mother. I am so blessed to have her! 

Here's Phoebe in her princess tutu that her sister wore on her first birthday. 

This is the cake Lindsay made for her for her party. It's adorable! Thanks, Linz!

Phoebe loved the cake. She had her own cupcake, and she made a complete mess of herself. She had cake packed in two fists, trying to get it all in her mouth at the same time, only most of the cake didn't make it inside, as you can see.

After cake, I had to stick her in the sink. You couldn't touch her. That's how your first cake experience should be.




Happy birthday, Phoebe Princess Love!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Happy Birthday, Phoebe!!! What a cute girl!!!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Happy birthday!!!! They just grow toofast!!!

Tara said...

I cannot believe she is one already! Congrats! She is darling, darling. And I love the name Phoebe as well! Glad you are even more in love with it, that's a really big stress as a mother!