Gwen is a little stink, and I used to think the rebellious blood I used to have when I was little flowed through her veins, but now I'm expecting I'm not the one to blame. Today we got out the crayons so Gwen could color me a new picture, and she was doing very well for a while. That is until she got bored with coloring. She started stacking the crayons and lining them up in different ways. Then she started sticking them in her mouth. I knew this was coming, because I expect she thinks the crayons look like candy, and she always winds up sticking the crayons in her mouth. I usually have to take them away and she melts in a tantrum. But today I was having success with the simple "No" command. Of course, I had to say it multiple times, but she would stop sucking on the crayon and continue with her play.
I don't know how many of you know this story, but I'll recap for the story's sake. When Logan was two or three, he was watching his mother make homemade lolipops. She had to leave the room for a second, and she told Logan to not eat any of the lolipops. When she came back, she asked him if he had eaten any of them, to which he proudly replied, "Nope! I just licked them!" And, apparently, he had licked every single one.
Well!
I don't know if sneakiness is genetic, but when I told Gwen not to eat her crayons, she looked at me, brought her yellow crayon to her mouth, stuck out her tongue, and started licking it! Like father like daughter.
Oh, well. At least I got a pretty new picture to hang on my fridge.
3 comments:
Too cute! This is why I love blogging; stories like these! She sure is an adorable little girl!
Oh yes! She sure has a lot of the Owen side in her! She likes to see how far she can push it :)
I knew that little incident in Logan's life would come back to bite him. Ha Ha!
Post a Comment