Thursday, January 8, 2009

Babies and Things

I have a little over five weeks to go. I didn't know how hard the second pregnancy would be compared to the first. You'd think I would have had some practice with the first one that would make the second pregnancy easier, but no. ' Course not. I guess it's harder because I had my pregnancies so close together. And maybe because Gwen was delivered C-section? Or probably because I have absolutely no exercise routine except chasing Gwen around. My doctor kind of gave me a lecture about exercise and encouraged me to get involved with pilates. Yeah, I'll get right on that. Gwen would just love it. Every time I get on the floor to pick something up, Gwen squeals and runs at me, wanting me to give her a piggy back ride. She'd think I was a real life amusement park if I started pilates every day. It doesn't help either that this baby is using my lungs for kick boxing. If I started exercising, I'd have to have an oxygen tank handy.

This month should be an exciting one. My brother Shaun's wife is having their first baby around the end of January, making me an aunt for the first time. They're having a boy, and I'm super excited for them. I didn't think I'd be an aunt ever. Too bad I'll probably not see my little nephew until he's much older, since most of my family live in New Jersey. Only my immediate family has met Gwen, even. Except my dad and brothers, that is. Plane tickets have finally started becoming reasonable again, but I can't fly. I'm going to make sure we get back to New Jersey sometime this year. Also this month is my birthday. This means we're going out to eat at a real live sit-down fancy restaurant. Probably Garcia's. Mmm, I love tampico chicken.

Because I think every post should have pictures in it, I've posted some favorites I've taken recently.
No pictures of me, of course. Not for a long time.

4 comments:

Lindsay and Ron said...

When's your B-Day again? Sorry, I can barely remember Ronnie's! Maybe I can babysit for you...if you don't already have someone else :)

Michelle said...

That is so cool that you only have 5 weeks left, that is way exciting. I bet it would be really hard with Gwen running around all the time though. I really should be exercising too but I feel tired all the time. I don't think men doctor's really get it.

Rydgd said...

Good luck!! It'll be over before you know it...then the REAL fun begins! A newborn and a toddler...good times! :)

Becca said...

Why Hello!! I didn't know you guys had a blog. It's fun to see your cute little Gwen and you must be SOOO excited to be near the end of this pregnancy. Keep in touch!! It's fun to read about what you have going on with life.