Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gwen's First Sick

The other night, Gwen started throwing up before dinner. Scared me to death, because I really didn't know how to handle it. She didn't seem phased by it though. While I'm wondering if we should rush her to the hospital, Gwen's running around the living room, smelling like puke, but completely cheerful, nonetheless. She threw up twice in her crib, soiling all of her sheets. Logan and I wound up sleeping on the couch with our little sicky, who didn't seem very sick anymore, until 4am, when Logan couldn't take Gwen's endless squirming so we moved into our bed. The next morning, we took Gwen to the doctors. Apparently, taking a sick child to the doctors is a miracle cure. Gwen ran around the doctor's office like she was the healthiest kid in the world, and the doctor confirmed her as being such. He said she probably just ate something that didn't settle well with her. The appointment was probably more for me than Gwen . I felt so much better. Gwen's such a trooper. She didn't let her tummy ache slow her down. She's awesome.
Here's a couple pictures of Gwen being sick for the first time. I know, I'm weird, but these are memories. Gotta snap as many as them as possible.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh poor little thing. She looks so cute drinking out of her little cup. There are so many things I have not thought about that will be meaningful as a mom. Even though it was a scary thing I am sure you will remember it always. I'm glad she is feeling better!

Eliza said...

There's nothing I LOVE more than cleaning up throw up, It's especially nice when Matthew leans over the edge of the top bunk so as not to get it in his bed! I can't believe this is the first time she's been sick, that's impressive! Glad she's feeling better!

Becca said...

Wow- that's the first time she's been sick?!! She's one healthy little girl! Glad she's feeling better.

Lindsay and Ron said...

Oh! I'm glad she's feeling better! She looked so sad sitting there with her little cup! Happy Birthday by the way!