Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Aaaand We're Back

I'm not sure how exciting this blog will be, since I've become terrible at remembering to take pictures. And the main point of these family blogs are the pictures, right? But I've decided to start this thing up again since so much has and is happening to our (not so little anymore) family. So I'll try to take pictures to illustrate these lovely, exciting stories. But the kids are hilarious and (I think) are pretty darn cute, so I think you'll keep reading... Just a hunch. :) Especially since most of you are family. So you'd better be reading...

There will be a quiz later.

Since the last time I blogged:

- Phoebe danced her tush off in her dance class and was "strong, fast, and brave" during her performances.

- Gwen graduated Kindergarten!

- We're expecting! Due December 21st! (See ultrasound pic on the left.) It's a boy! 
- And we bought a house. An adorable (it's in the eye of the beholder...) home that needs just a little TLC. I'll post that at a later time. Maybe after I take a pic of it. 

The reason for this post, though, is Gwennie's first day of First Grade. 

 Morning Of! 6:45am, and ready to take on the adventurous day!

 Let's go already!! 

 Getting bored with pictures. Her friends were already halfway down the block. 

 That was the closest I got to her the entire walk to school. She would not stop for anything.

 I had to threaten her to stop for a quick picture in front of her school, before she dashed off (without a hug!!!) to jump in line with her class...

 ... where she met a best friend immediately, and had to show off backpacks and lunch boxes. (She did manage to shoot me a wave goodbye. I'll take it.)

 Six hours gone! Phoebe, Isaac, and I managed to stay busy. Twice a week, we're doing some at-home preschool. Phoebe loved it. She felt like she was in real school, and she got to draw a lot (her favorite. She's pretty darn good, too. Didn't get that from me.) 

 Gwen's first day was a success! She had "two recesses and one lunch" and she absolutely loved school and couldn't wait to go back. That's what I wanted to hear! We all have to get used to waking up super early and walking to school every morning, but the weather was so beautiful, we couldn't complain today! 

P.S. If you are wondering what the heck our blog title means, well... PIGS are the initials of our four children... (accidentally so, promise.) S is the baby's initials. There you go.

1 comment:

Maci said...

It brings back so many memories to see her in front of Fox Hollow! I loved that school so much and I'm so excited that Gwen's there now! ...also, I was totally like her when I first started school. When Mom drove me up to the elementary school on my first day of Kindergarten she asked me if I wanted her to walk me in...and I said nope. I kinda regretted that later in the year when all the other kids got to stand and wait with their parents and I was just sittin' there like a big girl haha