Sunday, May 8, 2011

Too Mean

What a day. Last night, I didn't get a wink of sleep because I started having contractions. Real ones, this time. The kind that got closer together and more painful. I thought for sure I would have this baby on mother's day, but as soon as I got everything packed and pulled Logan out of bed, they started to die down. I just about cried. How could I have been up all night with uncomfortable pain, only to have it die away once I'm ready to go to the hospital. Well, I made Logan take me to the hospital anyway. I was monitored for a while - I was having real contractions, it wasn't all in my head. But I wasn't dilating fast enough. I stayed at a 2 for an hour. So they sent me home with instructions to walk and take warm baths. I thought for sure I would be back in a few hours with strong contractions, but guess what. My body is so fetchin' mean! The contractions haven't measured up to a thing, though I've been having them all day long. They aren't regular, they aren't too painful (though they do hurt) and the pain intensity diminishes when I shift positions. I'm so frustrated! How can I spend an entire day in false labor? I'm hoping and praying that by tomorrow morning, I'm checked into that hospital in real labor. A full day of fake contractions just seems ridiculous. They have to be doing something! I want to cry. I'm so ready!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh Rachelle- I'm sooo sorry!!! You're soooooooo close, hang in there! And here's to hoping the next post is of that little baby.