Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby and Big Changes

Well, I'm sitting here, timing contractions, and getting frustrated because they are dying off AGAIN. So I decided to update the blog with random (kind of) stuff.

I've been getting contractions about every day, and every other day they start to get regular and painful. But, since I don't have a baby boy yet, they never resulted in anything. This is either the longest labor in history, or my body is being very mean to my emotional state. I have such plans when I get my body all to myself again! Mopping floors, for one. Making my kids go to timeout, rather than rolling off the couch to chase them upstairs. But I can't really complain. The baby and I are both chubby and healthy. This little guy will come when he's good and ready.

The girls are very excited to have a little brother. We've been talking about what it will be like to have a baby in the house. Gwen promises to help me and to be very gentle around him. She swears she won't hit him. Haha, we'll see. Phoebe talks about "Baby Isaac" too. She pets my stomach and will give him kisses. It's very different being pregnant when you have a child or children who understand what is coming. They make so many precious memories. Isaac is already so loved by so many.

Well, a major change besides the birth of our first son is coming to our family. Logan got a job offer this week! He's starting in the admissions department at the hospital! This is a great foot-in-the-door position for him. Most people that work in this department move onto other departments, and I'm just ecstatic for him. Chesbro put him through college and the early years of having a family. Now he's moving on to a job where he can actually move up and make going to college worth while! The thing is though, he starts his new position May 16th - my due date! So... it would be REALLY nice if this BH would turn into the real deal! But if I do go into labor on or after my due date, at least he'll just be downstairs. Finding a baby sitter might be tricky though! The hospital should really create a child care department for the kids of mothers who are in labor. I mean, it's hard to get a hold of people in the middle of the night. Anyway, I'm very excited for my husband! He'll be just 10 minutes away and most days he'll be home a whole lot earlier than we're used to! Logan worked at Chesbro for 6 1/2 years! We're very blessed that he's been able to hold onto his job even through this rough economy, and now he's getting a new job. We're extremely thankful.

May has been a great month for us so far! We attended our nephew's baby blessing, bin Laden was "taken care of," Phoebe got new shoes :), Logan got a new job, and we're having a baby! Plus mother's day and Logan's birthday are coming up. Love May!

1 comment:

Owen Family said...

Contractions are very exciting. I wish I was a little closer so I could just run over in the middle of the night if I need to. But let me know and I'll come as soon as I can. I'm so excited for Logan's new job. I was jumping up and down. I think it will be such a positive change.