Enough about me. Here are some things that happened/are happening in the past couple of weeks:
As I said, my sister-in-law gave birth to an adorable baby boy last week. His name is Greysen. I haven't had a lot of time to spend with him yet, since the girls have colds and so do I now (of course), but here are some pictures we managed to snag while we could.
This pic of me is horrible (half my head is missing), but it's the only one I have of me and him.
Greysen! So far I think he's a healthy mixture of the two parents (though, a tad more like Ronnie) but he'll change very fast in the next couple of months. We'll see!
Phoebe getting a closer look at her cousin.
Gwen was looking at him, but then got in trouble for trying to climb in...
Grandpa, Greysen, and Logan's thumb!
Auntie Maci with her first nephew.
Hopefully, these colds that we've had off and on since Christmas (no exaggeration) will clear up and we can spend a little quality time with the family soon.
My own children are going through some changes. Last night, we converted Phoebe's crib back into a toddler bed. She didn't sleep the entire night in it since she's not sleeping well with a plugged nose, but she loves her new bed.
Gwen loves it too. She wanted to sleep in it with her sister, but Phoebe would have none of it. I don't blame her. The both of them are awful to sleep with.
As a lot of you know, my three and half year old has still yet to make a thing in the potty. (On the floor, toy box, and table - yes. Potty - no.) We've become pretty frazzled around here, trying everything and anything to get her to go, but she's stubborn. (She started saying, "I don't NEED a Buzz Lightyear. I'm done with the potty!) We've finally had to go the messy method, which I'm not thrilled about, but we've become desperate. We told her that Walmart ran out of daytime, size six diapers. At first, she said she would have to wear size four like Phoebe, but we wouldn't let her. She's in her Elmo panties in the day time. Absolutely no diapers. No matter how many messes I have to clean up, I'm going to get that girl over this fear and out of diapers! I can't have three in them once Isaac is born! Heck no! So the super goal is to have BOTH my girls out of diapers by the time their brother shows up. Right now, we're concentrating mostly on Gwen, but Phoebe sits on the potty a couple times a day. She makes us sit her on the potty, because she got into the phase of stripping off her diaper and happily running naked through the house. I've been cleaning a lot of pee off the floor... But we're determined!
Determined, I tell you!
3 comments:
I love your determination. It will pay off in the end but I know it can be very frustrating! Keep up the good work.
You baby belly is so cute- you look awesome!!! You're so close to being done- hang in there. And woot!! woot!! for potty success. :) Go Gwen!
I love that picture at the end! It looks like an ad or something...
Post a Comment