Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sayings, Doings, and Big Babies!

I am excited to say that on the day of the last post, Gwen finally used that darned potty, and she's been using the toilet every day since. Good-bye size 6 diapers! I'm hoping to train Phoebe before she grows big enough to fit into sixes. She's in fives now, so I had better hurry. I never thought I would be so proud of anyone for using the toilet. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of things I do and say as a mother that I never thought in a million years I would ever do or say.

Sayings:
"Don't play with your poop."
"Don't touch your sister's poop."
"Don't lick the bottom of your shoe."
"You really shouldn't lick furniture, either"
"Don't tap dance in your sister's pee."
"If you don't swallow your throw up, you'll feel better."

"Let's go drop that "egg" in the potty."
(Actually, there are a lot pertaining to bodily waste.)


Doings:
Pinning my child's arms down with my knees so I can force antibiotics into her mouth for her double ear infection.
Picking my kid's nose, sometimes in public.
Sharing a cereal spoon with my snotty toddler.
Scrubbing poop of a toy box, the stairs, walls, hands, backs, hair etc (We have A LOT of poop stories around here.)

The lists go on, but you get the idea. I love love love being mommy, but I have to put up with some pretty gross stuff. I used to be a very queasy person, but nature has eliminated that gene from my system. Good news, since I'm having a boy next. Not that I'm saying boys are gross... just a little messier than girls. I'm only assuming.

Anyway, the girls and I are hanging in there during the day, waiting for Spring. Gwen's having a lot of fun with "learning time." Every day we do art projects pertaining to a certain weekly theme and she loves working on her alphabet worksheets. I'm so proud of this girl. She's learning to read at a rapid pace, and I really haven't done very much to get her going. She's a sponge, and picks things up so quickly! She spells new words with her alphabet magnets (the other day she spelled Big Cat all by her darling self) and she can sound out most any three letter word. Some days (usually on Sundays at church) I swear Gwen has ADHD, but at home, she can spend hours working on her pre-K workbooks and reading her Dr. Seuss books. And her memory amazes me. I would get lost within ten minutes of leaving the house, but Gwen knows the way to every place she has ever been in Idaho Falls. Seriously. If we turn a certain direction at the four way stop down the street, she knows exactly where we're going. She'll say, "Bye-bye, Winco! We're going to Walmart!" And I'll be like, "Oh... Winco's that way, huh?" I should really pay more attention in the car.

Phoebe loves to read stories too, but she would rather play with her little animals and take them on adventures. She's a very imaginative child. She does great coming up with plots for her cows and hippos, and they have full fledged dramas practically every day. She's hilarious to watch.

Isaac is doing just fine! We had an appointment yesterday, and his little heart is sounding perfect. He moves up a storm every day, and I can't lie, it gets painful sometimes. And sometimes I like to imagine he's already fully developed and I go into labor the next day. I'm ready! But I still have 7 1/2 weeks to go. Next month, I'll be having another ultrasound to measure the little boy, to make sure he is indeed little. I don't know if I want to have another VBAC with a 9+ pound baby. Phoebe went through something awful that day. She was bruised from head to toe and one of her arms was super sore. She had to be on oxygen for an hour and she just looked so exhausted. Plus she had a knot on the top of her head from the vacuum the doctor had to use to get her out. Do I want to do that to another baby? We'll see what happens. I'm excited to get another ultrasound, anyway.

Here's Gwen just hours after being born. A precious 7 pounds even.

Here's Phoebe! 9 - 11! You see why I'm hesitant to have to push again!

Big baby!


 And she turns into this... Love her!

I love both my girls! And I'm excited for May to post pictures of the next love in my life!
I STILL can't believe I'm having a boy. So much more to learn!

2 comments:

Emmio said...

I love love LOVE this post! It gave me lots and lots of giggles :)

Becca said...

YAY for success in potty training!!!! And YAY for cute kiddos!!!!!