We certainly love our precious, petite Phoebe. She brings so much laughter to our family and does something new and hilarious every day that gets us talking. (This morning, for example, she woke up at 6:30, and instead of crying, she yelled out, "Mommy! Help!! I'm awake!") I can't imagine our family without her. She completes us perfectly.
Yesterday, for Valentine's Day, we didn't do much since we did so much the day before. But the girls did get large stuffed Valentine's Day animals which thrilled them to no end. I presented them at nap time, almost as a bribe to keep them in their room. Didn't really last long, though. Phoebe was sure Gwen would steal her "doggy pup" and kept screaming whenever she got close. To make the day even more special, Logan got off work super early to take an assessment for a potential job, so we were all excited to have him home hours early. Because of the lack of rest, Phoebe was out by 7:00. I prepared a late dinner out of habit, but when Gwen saw her beans and cheese in her bowl, she said, "I am NOT eating" and left the table. Today we didn't fight with her, so Logan and I had a little dinner date in our own kitchen. Then the girls went to bed, and we cuddled on the couch and watched some Psych. It was a good day.
I didn't take many pictures at the party, but here are a few in case you didn't see them on facebook.
The birthday girl! Two years old, can you believe it?
Posing pretty with her daddy. I was very proud of Gwen for not ripping Phoebe's presents open as soon as she saw them. Then again, we did bring them down when she was miraculously passed out on the couch.
Clinging to daddy because there were people in her house. She's wearing an adorable Minnie Mouse hat her grandma made her. She was getting jealous of Gwen's homemade Grandma hat, so she got her own too!
Opening presents. She kept that hat on for a long time.
She loves puppies. She was enthralled with her walking furry puppy.
This pic is kinda blurry. But it shows how nicely Phoebe can share all her toys!
I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day with their special ones!
3 comments:
This was a fun time. I have a hard time believing how the girls are growing up so fast.
Happy Birthday Phoebe! I can't believe its been two years! I can remember when she was born. I understand what you are saying about feeling like you've had her forever though. I feel the same way with our family, it's strange for me to think about what our family was like when we only had 1 or 2 kids. Looks like you guys had a great time! We miss you!
oh my goodness! What fun?! Its crazy but because of Eliza, I can remember her "birth" day too. Even tho I'm older, I can identify with them having always been a part of your family! I'm glad to see that Dan and Michelle were in attendance at the party. Happy Birthday, Phoebe! Love you guys....
Post a Comment