Phoebe has always been a momma's girl. She was never very comfortable in anybody's arms but mine even when she was only a few days old. For some reason, she is only ever content when she is snuggled up against my chest, watching the world from the safety of my arms. Ten months later, this is getting very stressful! This morning, she cried and screamed whenever I put her down to make breakfast, get ready for the day, change diapers... everything. It's like this every day! I have to convince Phoebe to play on the floor, and it takes several attempts and a couple hours of deep cleansing breaths to achieve this. Gwen was the exact opposite. When Gwen started moving, she rarely came back! Phoebe's been crawling for a while now, and instead of going off to find trouble with Gwen, she chases after me. It's hard to get anything done when I only have one hand to do things with. I'm not sure what to do. Is this normal? Does she have trust issues? Okay, so she does sleep in our bed still. And they say babies that sleep in their parents' bed tend to suffer the most from separation anxiety (not Gwen, though.) But that just brings up another list of issues! How do you get a baby who suffers from separation anxiety - even in her sleep - to sleep in her own bed? I'm not sure.
Oh, but she's just fine if I'm not home! She doesn't scream for Logan when I'm out shopping. It's when she knows I'm home and available for cuddling that she needs to follow me around until I can pick her up and carry her around.
But I must admit that Phoebe is very good at cuddling and she sure is adorable, even when she's crying.
4 comments:
When you find out the answer let me know... Logan still sleeps in our bed and WILL NOT calm down for anybody but me. Right now he's sleeping in the car seat because it's the only way he will sleep (i guess he thinks were in the car or something?) Its so frustrating, I know what you mean. I'm just anxious for Logan to get a little bit older and then I won't feel so awful for letting him cry. :(
Oh, she will eventually warm up! Hopefully she is good for Nate and Rebecca tomorrow night!
I'm sorry I'm no help, but I have no clue how to solve either of your problems, but I want you to know that I think Phoebe is very cute. Maybe she will outgrow it once she starts walking. :)
Dan is a psychology major and he says that it is a healthy level of attachment if a baby can calm down once you leave so she seems good as far as that goes. I moved Mia to her crib and own room when she was 2 months old. It was mainly because Dan and I just really needed some alone time because with his work and school schedule that is really all the time that we had just me and him. I would say and Dan would also say that you might have her start sleeping in her own room. It also has a lot to do with the personality of the child so it's hard to say. Do you still nurse her? I also think that once it comes to the point where she is done nursing she will be able to play more independently. So maybe you should just try and hold out until then?? I don't know if this was any help but I always like a lot of different opinions when it comes to parenting stuff.
Post a Comment