Monday, August 17, 2009

Sick Ramblings

We've all been sick here the past few days. Gwen brought home a cold from nursery and gave it to the rest of us. We're doing much better now. The weekend was horrible. We were all grouchy and stuffy and feverish. But now we're only slightly stuffy, and I can taste food again! Phoebe is still cranky, but she's not sneezing as much any more. So we're all getting better. Thanks bunches, Gwen.

A scary thing happened the other day. I was in the bedroom, trying to sleep out a fever, when Logan's shouting woke me up and made me dart to the living room. Gwen had fallen out the window. Thank goodness we're on the bottom floor! I swear, we're not neglectful parents. Phoebe had been screaming, and Logan was trying to calm her down when Gwen climbed up in the window and pushed on the screen. She's all right. She only got a little bruise on her chin. Scared the crap out of us though. We've been sitting a lot in the hot apartment now with the windows closed. Gwen hates it, but she just won't listen to us and keep out of the windows. You know, I got hurt worse than she did when she fell. When I ran out of the room, I slammed my foot into the door frame and just about broke my toe. I think I jammed it. It still hurts... as I keep telling Logan. Still, I don't want Gwen to make a habit out of falling out of windows. We may have a second floor apartment one day. I don't even want to think about it.

So Lindsay tagged me for one of these questionnaire things. So here we go.

What is your current obsession? Hmm. Besides my wonderfully wonderful husband? Well, recently, I got into the exercise kick. I'm trying to lose all my baby weight. It's not working though. Logan says I'm gaining muscle. He's just trying to make me feel better.
What do you hate (or dislike) the most that everyone else seems to love? Clothes shopping. I've always hated it. I like online shopping, but I hate going to a store and hunting for clothes for hours. I like book shopping though, as long as I'm in and out.
What's for dinner? Beats me. I'm sick. I don't feel like making anything. So we're most likely having big daddies or tostadas.
What would you eat for your last meal? Seafood. Clams, crabs, and shrimp. Mmmm...
What was the last thing you bought? Cough drops and Dayquil.
What are you listening to right now? The tv. Watching Reba.
What do you think of the person who tagged you? I think Lindsay is tons of fun and a great person. I'm really glad that I have her as a sister-in-law. I know I'm usually extremely shy around everyone, but, Lindsay, I think you're really great and I like spending time with you, even though it takes me a long time to warm up and be talkative.
If you could have a house fully paid for and totally furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be? I have no idea. Probably in a small town in the beautiful country.
If you could go anywhere for the next hour, where would it be? I could really go for a shower. I smell like sick person.
What is one of your hobbies? I love to read. I'm also trying to get back into the writing habit.
What are three things that annoy you most? 1) Rude drivers 2) Twilight 3) my inability to sing like Celine Dion
What is your favorite color? Purple
What is your favorite item of clothing in your wardrobe? This question makes me sigh. I have no wardrobe. Well, I do, but it's packed in a box until I can fit into my old, favorite clothes again.
What is your favorite fruit? New Jersey Strawberries and blueberries tie
What inspires you? Honestly, the scriptures and prayer. I made a goal to study the scriptures and pray whenever I'm having a bad day or moment, and I've noticed that my attitude has changed drastically.
Who was the last person you kissed? Logan, of course. I can't wait for him to come home from work. I suddenly want kisses.
What are you currently reading? What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson. I just finished I Am Legend by Matheson, too.
What delighted you the most today? Getting a nap in. I love naps.

I guess I need to tag someone. I tag Eliza, if she hasn't already been tagged, and Katelyn.

3 comments:

The Tibbitts said...

I am so glad Gwen is alright! I loved the tag. Thanks for sharing some of what makes you who you are.

Lindsay and Ron said...

What a monkey! I can't believe that...I'm so glad you live on the bottom level...that is scary! Thanks for doing the tag...I always like to see what other people say!

Emmio said...

You're so funny! The 'inability to sing like Celine Dion' comment made me laugh so hard!
Oh, and I'm so glad that Gwen is alright! I hadn't even heard that she did that! Oh goodness, Gwen is a little mischief maker isn't she?