Gwen got used to the new apartment almost immediately. She loves playing in her new room. She has toys and books everywhere, and she can spend hours just playing with them all. She'd rather be outside, though. She begs to go out every day, but with all the rain and snow(!) it's hard to get her outside. I should be getting a double stroller soon, which will make outings a whole lot easier.
So here's a little update on my girls. Gwen seems to get taller every day. She is still as energetic as ever. At her first day of nursery in our new ward, we told the nursery leader that Gwen is very energetic. She laughed it off and said that all the kids are that way. When we went to pick her up, the nursery leader looked very frazzled, and told us that she is indeed very energetic, and she's also aggressive. I think she's tackling the other kids. That's just how she plays, as Eliza's kids well know by now. Let's see. She can count to 13, and she is starting to recognize the letters of the alphabet in her books and random things with words on them around the house. She loves her little sister, but quite a few times, I've caught her trying to lie on top of her or pinching her feet. Phoebe's never cried over her sister's aggressive playing. In fact, Phoebe just smiles and waves her hands at her.
Phoebe is 2 1/2 months now. She is 13 pounds and is already in size 6 months clothing. I still have her beat though. I was 8 lbs and 11 ounces when I was born, but I was a size 2T by the time I was six months old. I won a fattest baby contest at a fair once, too. I was a huge baby. Phoebe's chunky, but she doesn't look abnormal. She has a cute round head and bright steel blue eyes. Her hair is staying dark, too. Gwen's hair turned blond rather quickly, but Phoebe's hair is as dark as ever. I hope is stays dark. I want my blondie and my little brunette. Phoebe is beginning to "talk" a lot more now. She tells her stories, but she's very content and mostly quiet throughout the day. Gwen never stopped babbling and cooing. It's amazing how different my girls are. I love their different personalities. If Phoebe turned into another Gwen, I think I'd probably have a heart attack by the time I'm 30. I'm glad my Phoebe is mellow.
4 comments:
Ohhhh...They are both getting soooo BIG! I miss seeing you guys, we should come up to see the new apartment sometime!
I'm glad you guys are enjoying your new apartment, I'm jealous of your working dishwasher. I would love to see a baby picture of you, sounds hilarious! I'm glad it wasn't just my kids tackling Gwen. My older sister would do the same thing to me and I was very calm as she was sitting on top of me trying to make me go away (although it doesn't seem as though Gwen is jealous of Phoebe at all like my sister was of me.) Your girls are so cute!
They are so cute. I would love for Phoebe to stay dark too. It is fun having a variety. I like your new apartment too. It was fun visiting you this morning.
Your new home sounds wonderful! I am jealous of your washer/dryer, but it gives me hope to think that one day I might have them in my home. Your girls are growing up so cute too.
Post a Comment