For his last semester at BYU-I , Logan completed a statistical project that found a new and better way to rank players in the NBA. He worked for several months on this, and today he had the opportunity to give a 12 minute presentation at BYU-I's Undergraduate Research Conference. Logan was grouped with seven others also giving oral presentations, and he came out on top! I'm so proud of him! He worked so hard!
Here's Logan's prize: a BYU-I wall clock. It's not a check or a plasma screen TV, but it's his first place prize!
He also got a certificate, but I'm not calling this the official one. You can't see it, but the date is wrong. It's last year's conference date on it, because the people in charge of the certificates forgot to change it. He should be getting the corrected one soon.
Changing the subject now, I think we found an apartment! We've been searching for a while now, and even spent all day last Wednesday in Idaho Falls hunting for and viewing apartments, but didn't have any luck. There were plenty of available apartments in IF, but just not what we needed. We wound up putting in an application at a place here in Rexburg. I'm all right with staying here in Rexburg, I guess, and this place has everything I ever dreamed of in an apartment: washer/dryer hook-ups and a DISHWASHER! It's a pretty fancy shmancy place, according to their website. We should be going to view an apartment on Monday. We've only seen pictures of it on the Internet, so I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds, or at least close. Here's hoping!
He also got a certificate, but I'm not calling this the official one. You can't see it, but the date is wrong. It's last year's conference date on it, because the people in charge of the certificates forgot to change it. He should be getting the corrected one soon.
Changing the subject now, I think we found an apartment! We've been searching for a while now, and even spent all day last Wednesday in Idaho Falls hunting for and viewing apartments, but didn't have any luck. There were plenty of available apartments in IF, but just not what we needed. We wound up putting in an application at a place here in Rexburg. I'm all right with staying here in Rexburg, I guess, and this place has everything I ever dreamed of in an apartment: washer/dryer hook-ups and a DISHWASHER! It's a pretty fancy shmancy place, according to their website. We should be going to view an apartment on Monday. We've only seen pictures of it on the Internet, so I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds, or at least close. Here's hoping!
7 comments:
That is so exciting that you might have found the apartment of your dreams (if apartments are in your dreams)! Congratulations to Logan on his success.
Go Logan! Isn't he just a smarty pants! I hope the apartment works out...let me know if you need help moving!
Congratulations to Logan! I'm so proud of him. I know he worked really hard all semester on this and deserved to win. I sure hope all works out well with the apartment.
Congrats, Logan! How awesome. I totally remember you as a kid knowing every sports statistic...you were/are amazing! Those girlies are darling!
Congrats Logan! Anyone who can look at the world through a mathematical perception deserves an award!
That is so awesome! Logan is definitely one of the smartest people I know. If I ever went on millionare he would be one of my life lines. I hope that everything works out with that apartment. YOu will have to let us know how it goes. PS-The girls are adorable as ever.
Congrats Logan! That's pretty cool. Let us know about the move and any help we can give you, we'd love to help out!
Post a Comment