Gwen's been going to nursery for the last two weeks (possibly three?) and she's just as awesome as can be. The first time I dropped her off, she didn't even look back. She saw the bucket of toys and took off. I felt dumb just standing there, alone, waiting for my daughter to wave bye-bye to me, so I shuffled out of the room feeling weird. I have a daughter in nursery. And she's already a pro! Logan does spend the last hour with her there, since she's only 16 (almost 17!) months old and she hasn't quite mastered lesson or snack time yet. He says she's one of the nicest, most happy little kid there. When there's a screaming, crying kid, she stands in front of them, waves her arms, and babbles at him or her, until the kid stops crying in sheer confusion. She's picking up the other kids' habbits at snack time. She bangs on the table with her hands until the food is served. That annoyed me so much when I was in nursery, but now I have to smile and think, "my little girl is growing up and making friends!" During music time, she doesn't sit down, but she does weave in and out of the group, singing in Gwen Language and doing the hand motions. I wish I could trade places with Logan for a week, just to see her in action, but I think my five-year-olds may eat my husband in alive. I wanted to be released from my nursery postion after 2 years, but now I want back in! Maybe I'll make Logan sneak in a video camera.
I can't wait for Christmas. We've gotten most of our Christmas shopping done already, which is a record. Now the trick is actually mailing out the gifts to family. I write letters all the time, but they sit by the door, sealed and stamped, until I have to throw them away because the news has changed. It took a year to mail off our thank-you notes for our wedding. We'll see what happens. I don't think Gwen quite understands what's going on yet. We have put up the Christmas tree, which she thinks is just a convenient place where we hung up all her new, favorite toys. Our tree looks bare by the end of every day, since she just loves to yank off the decorations and hand them to me, thinking she's just a helpful, big girl.
I took Gwen out to play in the snow yesterday. It was her first time in the snow. She usually hates to walk on anything that's not the sidewalk. She's scared to walk through grass even. If she accidentally walks onto the lawn, she immediately gets down on her knees and reaches for me. So when I made her walk out in the snow, she did the same thing. Only, she didn't reach for me right away. She squatted there, picking up the snow and giggling nervously. I managed to get a few pictures, until I walked too close to her and she latched onto my legs. Maybe I don't get my baby out of the house enough?
Logan graduates this Friday! We'll finally be real people by the end of the week! I made Logan take me to Deseret Book so I could find him a graduation gift. He knew what he wanted, so he took me down the isle, pointed at what he wanted, and then made off to the back of the store. But he doesn't know if I got it or not, haha. I'm very excited for him to graduate. He's done with all of his classes, he's turned in his projects, and he only has one more assignment to complete before graduation. Soon he'll have actual days off. On his days off from work he still has school. He never really gets a break. Now he'll have time to help me with the dishes! :p
I have more pictures to post, but the memory stick doesn't fit into this laptop. I don't feel like getting onto Logan's computer, so I'll post them later.
1 comment:
Congrats to Logan on graduating! How exciting for you guys. Let us know if we can help you out with anything.
Post a Comment