Here's just some stuff we've been up to this week so far:
The girls love playing with Phoebe's early birthday present from grandma and grandpa. Since Phoebe loves animals and cars, these little animals on wheels are the perfect gift for her! And look, she even brought in her Toy Story toys to play on the tracks too. You get great gifts, Grandma and Grandpa!
Yesterday was a bright, sunny day, so I thought I'd take the kids for a walk around the block. Gwen didn't want to give up her seat in the double stroller to her brother, so I decided to just wear him instead. It was quite the work out! That little boy isn't so light!
Gwen's been begging to play Mario Kart every day. Her methods of persuasion are getting very clever. The other day she began with a story. "Once upon a time, two little girls wanted to play Mario Kart. Their mom said yes, and they were happy and played Mario Kart! Okay, mom? We'll play now." And today, she really had me laughing. "Mom, playing Mario Kart makes my heart grow bigger. But if you say no, oh... then that will make my heart grow smaller."
And Gwen's been writing up a storm, lately! I helped her write a letter to my dad for his birthday, and ever since then, she's been writing letters to every thing. She doesn't ask for my help. She sounds it out. She figured out "Love" and since it's almost Valentine's Day, she writes that everywhere. See Isaac's name? She spelled it Isic. The C is backwards. She spelled Idaho Falls the other day, but Falls was completely backwards! SLLAF. I was still very impressed.
Also this week, Phoebe and I went to Witney's bridal shower. We're so exited for her and Brendan's wedding next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment