Isaac is 8 months old now and he is a live wire! I'm thinking he may just be another Gwen. One Gwen is like three children in herself, so I'm hoping another very active, crazy child won't be much different... I might be in denial. But seriously, I wouldn't have my little boy any other way. He is so much stinkin fun. The girls love playing with him. He's way into wrestling already. He will chase the girls around the living room, tackle their legs, pull their hair, flop on their faces, bite their butts. It's just about the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I can't believe how fast Isaac is developing. He's already learning to stand and trying to push himself up to it. He got his first tooth this month, 4 months sooner than either of his sisters. He has such a happy-go-lucky personality about him. How could our family be complete without him?
One of our new years resolutions this year is do more activities as a family. Since Logan has Saturdays off now, we've been trying to do fun things on those days instead of hanging about the house doing squat. So far, we've been to the Temple visitors' center, where Gwen tried to hug the Christus again, but I wouldn't let her; we've visited the library a couple times, and the girls have been reading up storms. We made homemade pizza one night, and this past Saturday, we took the kids to their first movie. We saw Puss in Boots, and they were thrilled that they got to eat pop-corn and drink soda. I think that was their favorite part, because halfway through the movie, Phoebe started getting bored with all the sword fighting, tried finding pop-corn to eat under the seats, and asked to go home. Gwen almost fell asleep on my lap. (Isaac slept through the entire movie.) Next movie we see might have to have a couple princesses in it, but as a first movie experience, I think it went pretty well!
We're excited to celebrate Phoebe's 3rd birthday in 2 weeks! I'm having a hard time accepting that my little baby girl is going to be 3. This year, however, with all the exciting happenings in February (a wedding, a first birthday) we'll be keeping her birthday low key. We'll take her out for a birthday dinner and have some cake and gift opening, maybe a game or two for the girls to play, but we'll keep it just us. Family will be in town quite a bit next month, so be sure to give her a happy birthday hug, and she'll be happy!
Isaac is huge to me! He's bigger than all the babies 1 year and younger at church, and people tell me that he looks like a little boy already, not a baby. He's my baby, don't care what they say!
Standing! It'll be a couple months, then he'll be walking, I'm sure!
A pic with my girls on my birthday. A quarter of a century already. I'm going to make it a good year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment