Monday, November 28, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

What a holiday! This year we celebrated Thanksgiving in Soda Springs (where we've been celebrating it since we got married) but it seems that every year the family just keeps on growing! This year we added 4 newbies to the family table. Three baby boys and Brendan's beautiful fiance Witney! Lots to be thankful for this year!

Isaac enjoyed his very first Thanksgiving. He tried some mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and even a bit of pumpkin pie! (But he hasn't pooped in 2 days, so that probably wasn't such a good idea. Oops!) Still, he enjoyed every bite. 


We got to meet our newest nephew Hyrum! Check out the thick red hair. Love it! He is such a content, precious, happy baby. I can't wait for Christmas so I can pinch those cheeks again.

Isaac getting around. I didn't get a pic of it, but Isaac loved to chase after his much faster crawling cousin Greysen. Whenever he could, he would latch himself onto Greysen's legs and bite his butt. Boys!



Having fun playing on the floor. 



Phoebe and Gwen had their fun too. 


The morning after Thanksgiving, Gwen woke up sick. It took a few days, but she finally came down with the flu that Phoebe had last week, but Gwen got it much worse. It lasted for about 36 hours, but she was completely out of it. And because of it, half the family got sick. But at least everyone got to eat their thanksgiving dinner before they got the flu! Blessings, right??

Gwen was the only one sick the day after Thanksgiving, so we still got to decorate for Christmas. Gwen got up when she could to put some ornaments on the tree, but for the most part, she cuddled with a blanket and a large bowl on the couch and watched. 

Isaac helping Aunt Maci with fluffing tree branches. 





Yesterday, we put our own tree up. Gwen's been asking if it's time for presents for a few days now. It's taken her a while to understand that Christmas isn't for another few weeks. I feel bad for her, but I think she's catching on. She so stinkin excited for Christmas this year. She understands completely what's going to happen now, and she's ready to rip into some presents. Today for FHE, we'll be discussing charity. Yesterday, when I asked Gwen if she had any old toys she might want to donate, she said, "No! I want ALL the toys!" Time to focus on what the holiday is really about, I think. She knows it's Christ birthday, but she doesn't get what giving means yet. Guess the neighbors are getting cookies tonight! 

1 comment:

Owen Family said...

It was such a fun weekend. Sickness wasn't the most fun part, but it comes with the territory. I loved it. Now we will all be looking forward to Christmas! Good times!