Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Yesterday was my birthday! It was a pretty good day, too. Logan had to go to work, but I had fun baking my own birthday cake. It turned out delicious, if I do say so myself. (Logan wouldn't know, because he wouldn't have any. He's not a big fan of too much chocolate. Crazy man.) The girls were over the moon about it. Gwen kept giggling and telling me happy birthday all during the process. She was so excited to gobble up my birthday cake.

Logan and I had a real date night for the first time in a long, long time. Lindsay was able to baby-sit for us, and we took advantage! We went to our favorite restaurant (Garcia's) and afterwards browsed Target. We heard that season 4 of Psyche was on sale really cheap, so we had to get it. We also got a few other things too, like a season of 24, a Blake Shelton cd, and a new Trivial Pursuit game. But these were just fun splurges, not my birthday presents. Logan completely floored me with his gift! I had been complaining about how slow the delay is on my camera, so my man went to the store and browsed cameras like the hot stud he is! It makes me smile to think he took time off from work to secretly compare cameras for me. He got me a bloggie touch, which I had never heard of before, but is awesome. It's as small as a cell phone, but takes very clear videos and sharp 12.8mp pictures. And it's a touch screen. Love it! He's certainly spoiled me the past couple months. A nook and a camera, he's so sweet! And the day before my birthday, he took me to Walmart so I could pick out a webcam. My dad has a skype account now, so on my birthday we were able to see each other! I haven't seen my dad since I was 16. He moved to Virginia when I was in middle school, and I visited him only a few times after that. With the webcam, he was able to meet his granddaughters and my husband. It was a great gift!

Oh - a random funny story. While I was getting ready for my hot date, Gwen was looking at my belly, thoughtfully. She finally said, "Mommy... are you 200 pounds?!" I tried not to laugh while I answered. "No way! I'm 100 pounds! Get it straight!" I think she thought she hurt my feelings, and after I finished getting ready, she gave me a big hug and said, "You're beautiful, mommy!" She's the sweetest little girl, even if she thinks I look 200 pounds.

Here are some pics I took with my bloggie. I think I'll be able to take a lot more pics now since there is hardly a delay.





I wish it could be my birthday everyday! But there are a lot of birthdays coming up. Phoebe's turning 2 in less than 3 weeks, and most of our family members turn another year older next month, too. It's a time for cake! Woohoo! Now if Logan would just eat chocolate! And he swears he's not a picky eater... (He's going to get so mad at me... hehe.)

6 comments:

Emmio said...

I'm glad you had such a good birthday!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Glad your birthday was great! You deserve to be spoiled!!! Maybe one of these times Nicole and I come to IF we can treat you to lunch for your birthday?! Loveee the camera! Yay for more pictures of your beautiful girls!

Owen Family said...

Where did Logan hear of a bloggie? Never heard of it myself but it sounds great. Happy birthday. Logan really has been generous lately. What's gotten into him?

Lindsay and Ron said...

What a lucky girl! There really are a lot of birthdays to come...yeah for February! Oh, and Logan is smokin' something if he thinks he is not a picky eater...although he HAS gotten a MILLION times better. I do have to admit that I'm not the biggest chocolate fan either, and cake is not my favorite thing...I did try yours though, and it was delicious!

The Tibbitts said...

What a fun birthday! Your little girls are adorable. It might just be me but I think Gwen looks just like her Grandma Owen!

Becca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Glad you got spoiled! :)