Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh BOY!

I'm bummed. I can't find the cord to transfer my pictures onto the computer, so I can't post any Christmas pictures. And they were cute ones too! I guess I'll just have to push forward and do without.

We spent the holiday in Soda Springs and we all had a great time. The food was excellent, LOVED the prime rib for Christmas dinner, the company was great, and the girls just loved all their presents. They were even pretty good on Christmas morning, taking turns opening their presents. Once Gwen lost her will to resist temptation and tore off most of the paper to one of her aunt Maci's gifts, but other than that she was pretty good. Phoebe didn't care much about opening presents. She just wanted to play with all the toys inside them, so Gwen got to open a few more. A few things they got were a dollhouse and accessories, toy horsies, moon dough, an easel, doctor kit, a Mr. Potato Head, Toy Story 3, and other stuff. Logan got me a Nook and I got him a very heavy collection of all the Far Side cartoons ever penned, published and not. We're also enjoying the first two seasons of Psych, a deep fryer/steamer, and a cutlery set. We made ourselves leave on Tuesday, mainly because we had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I'm not sure when the appropriate time to take down a tree is. I'm ready for it to go now, but I'm afraid the girls will mutiny.

Anyway, yesterday at my appointment I had my ultrasound. The girls were allowed in the room with us, and they were so good the entire time. They didn't once try to smash their computer and take the ultrasound stick thing, such good little girls. The technician had to run through some checks, like brain fluid, eyes, kidneys, fingers, etc. Finally she got to the good ol' between the legs check. And for the first time, we heard the words, "and there's the third leg." Not like she needed to say anything. There was no mistaking it! We were thrilled! I personally didn't think it would happen. We would have been excited for a girl too, of course, but we were hoping to have at least one son. Now we're getting him! We stopped at a few places after the appointment (Pizza Hut to celebrate, the mall to look at baby clothes :) and I couldn't stop looking at the ultrasound pictures. I still can't believe it! As of right now, we're calling him Isaac Douglas. (Douglas is Logan's middle name and his father's first. Isaac isn't after anybody really... it's just the only boy name that we both liked.) So we're getting our first son three days before Logan's birthday, May 16th. Well, that's when he's due. Both my girls came a day early or a day late of their due dates, so I'm guessing the 17th is when we'll get to meet Isaac. We'll see! Now I get to spend the second half of my pregnancy shopping for boy stuff. I want to get him tiny little suits and vests.

Isn't he handsome? He looks like his daddy already. I love our BOY!

5 comments:

Rydgd said...

Congrats!!!!

Owen Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys and for ME! We'll have 2 little boys to grow up together!

The Tibbitts said...

Congratulations!!! Boys are so fun. We are so excited for you guys! And what is even more perfect is that Lindsay is having a boy too; they will be such great friends.

Lindsay and Ron said...

Yay for boys! It will be fun to have the two of them so close together! I wish we could agree on a name!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

I Know I already said it but CONGRATSSSSS again!!! Seriously, you just gave me a little hope that our next baby might have the chance of being a girl... PLeaseeeee let the Chinese be right! :)