Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A bunch of everything and nothing and maybe something big

My problem with blogging is that I never have anything interesting to blog about. And every time I sit down to blog, the girls attack me. They don't like me on the computer... they don't like me to read, sleep, shower, visit the bathroom, anything that takes me out of view or their attention... so I don't get around to blogging much. I have momma's girls.  But I figured since it's been 2 months since the last update, I should try to throw something together.

Three weeks ago, we moved to Idaho Falls. So far it's just been a lot of traffic in between errands, but once the house is finally put together the way I like it, we might have time to do exciting things in the "city." The townhouse is a hundred times better than any apartment we've ever lived in. We have so much space now, and the girls have a fenced yard to run wild in. And we have a real life dining room with a hard floor! No more scrubbing mac and cheese out of carpet! So far since we've lived here, Gwen's broken the blinds off the large glass doors so now everybody can look in and see our business, especially at night; Phoebe slid down the stairs on her behind with a large load in her diaper that I spent a half an hour scrubbing off each step; battled through our first October colds and fevers; chased away countless salesmen from our house; went to the wrong ward; and I couldn't even tell you how many times we've been to Walmart to find screws, filters, tools, and anything else we've either lost or broken in the process of moving. But we're loving our decision to move out of Rexburg. Who knew there was such diversity in Idaho? All of our neighbors are smokers, the people in our church beat their kids in public, and I even got a phone call from the Methodist church inviting me to a single mother's support group... not sure what that was about, but I was impressed that there is a Methodist church nearby. It's been interesting, but not as interesting as what I was used to in NJ. So much better than NJ!

Gwen is psyched for Halloween this weekend. All the wards that meet in our church building are hosting a community trunk-or-treat, and Gwen's been talking about it nonstop since we got them costumes. Last week we took the girls to Halloween City to pick out costumes, and Gwen picked out a cutie witch, and Phoebe wanted to be a pumpkin. I'm excited for Halloween this year because Gwen understands what to expect. Though visiting trunks in a parking lot instead of knocking on doors might throw her off a little. Phoebe doesn't know what's going on, but she'll have fun anyway. Hopefully it won't rain! That would be awful. We would have to walk the girls around to different parts of the house to find treats. Not as exciting.




I haven't been taking many pictures since we've moved. I keep thinking I'm going to get the house unpacked and decorated very soon and I'll take pictures then, but I'm having a hard time getting everything done. Keeping up with every day chores and the kids are hard enough, especially since I'm much more tired and queasy lately. Which brings me to my next paragraph -

Maybe I should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm pregnant again. I haven't announced it to the whole world yet (meaning facebook) for some reason, I guess I'm waiting for after my ultrasound. But since mostly everyone on blogger already knows, I didn't see the point in not sharing. If you didn't know, surprise!  I'm 11 weeks along now, and my due date is May 16th, just three days before Logan's birthday. We think it just may be a boy this time, because my morning sickness hasn't been as bad as it was with my girls. Or I could just very well have another girl and have three like my momma. We're kind of leaning toward wanting a boy this time, because he would be born around his papa's birthday and we could name him after him. Gwen was named after somebody born in July, and Phoebe was named after somebody born in February. We want to keep up with tradition, and we don't have any other family members born in May. But a girl would certainly be welcomed, especially since I have four full bins of baby clothes for girls! I wouldn't have to buy a single thing! Gwen is excited, kind of. She's been looking through baby magazines and understanding somewhat that there's a baby in my belly. Sometimes she kneads my stomach and talks to the baby, which is adorable. I don't know how small children can understand something like pregnancy. Saying "there's a baby in mommy's belly" makes it sound like I've eaten a baby... but she doesn't seem bothered. I guess she understands more than I give her credit.

I'm not the only one pregnant either. I have two sisters-in-law who are pregnant, too! 2011 is going to be an exciting year! Good thing too, since the world's going to end the year after that, right? Live it up!

6 comments:

Owen Family said...

It has been a busy 2 months. The second sister-in-law must be on your side or I missed something very important. Love ya.

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Congrats again!! On both the house and the pregnancy! It's all so very exciting!! I hope you have a boy, because then that means whenever I get preg again maybe Ill have a girl (break the cycle!)

Mary Killion said...

Congratulations girl! A boy would be fun, I agree with you there. Good luck with your new place and life in general :D

Tara said...

The title of this post was very intriguing and it did not disappoint! Congrats to you and Logan and the girls! So exciting and sorry to hear you've been feeling gross!

I totally know what you mean about having a real dining room and no more carpet! Yay!

The Tibbitts said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy to hear about your baby news and the new house. What fun things!

Grannie Wright said...

WOW! That was a lot of news. It did not disappoint. I'm sure that Michelle will miss you being in Rexburg. But how fun for you to be in a place with a yard. Yards are very important. Kids lov'em. Moms love floors that can be mopped. I will do this a little more often. It was fun. Love you guys.