The weather warmed up a bit this week, so I took advantage and took the girls to the park. I wasn't sure if I would be the only parent there with her kids, feeling like a dork, desperate for some fresh air. But, actually, there were a ton of people there. Even though the weather was still a bit cold, as soon as the tempeture rose above freezing, everyone flocked to the playground. Gwen didn't mind the cold at all. She loved being able to run around and make friends. Gwen is the most hyper child I know, and yet when it comes to playground safety, she is a champ. She won't go near the sides, she's very cautious going over the bridge. She used to army crawl over the bridge. Then when she felt a little more confident, she clutched onto the railings. When she felt braver, she clenched her fists and stomped acrossed it. She's hilarious. She had to cross that bridge to get to the slides. That's basically all she does while we're at the park. She can go down the slides a hundred times and not get bored.
She'll sometimes stop her sliding to run around with another kid and scare him or her for while with her excited laughing. The kids don't know why Gwen's chasing them. She usually chases five to seven year olds. I say they need to toughen up. She also loves the swings. I get my arm workout from just pushing her in the swing for 20 minutes. She screams and laughs very loudly. Other mother's smile over at us, saying how cute she is, but after five minutes of screaming, I don't think they find it very cute anymore. It's the park, people. Kids scream. Especially mine.
The next day the weather was even warmer, and since Logan had the day off, he came with us to the park. Phoebe woke up from the stroller ride this time, and she had a ball going down the slide. She figured out how to lean forward and slide down by herself. She did it many times with absolute glee. I can't wait for consistent warm weather. I'll go to the park every day. I'm so sick of being cooped up in the apartment all the time.
Here are some pics I thought were pretty funny.
Phoebe chowing down on string cheese.
Gwen doing something. Maybe dancing. She insists I put her in the little skirt thing, and she runs around, twirling.
4 comments:
I know I am so excited for the warm weather! Glad you guys took advantage of it. I am tired of being cooped up too. Mia has that same skirt that Gwen does. I got it for $1, hopefully you got a good deal too!
You have two very cute kids! Maybe we will see you at the park sometime this summer because I know what you mean about being cooped up all winter. Luke and I have been on a walk every day this week!
Glad the girls are feeling better and HOORAY for Spring! The thought of going outside without a coat is so exciting!
Oh your girls are so cute and YAY for warm weather!! At least- warm by Rexburg standards, lol.
Post a Comment