Time to toot my own horn here.
I may not be the most amazing mother ever (you will see what I mean later on) but I sure do have 3 amazing children! I love having a day to celebrate being a mother to my babies. I don't need a holiday to do that, though. My babies need to be celebrated every day, right? But it takes a holiday for me to be willing to be in pictures. And presents are always a nice thing. :)
It's very difficult to get three children to look at the camera the same time and smile. Gwen has been very anti-smile lately, and Phoebe doesn't really smile on command nicely... she smooshes up her face and sticks out her chin normally in an attempt to smile for the camera. It's funny. But I like to catch candid smiles from her if I can. And Isaac thinks everything is funny!
My dad thought it was hilarious that I got a carpet shampooer for Mother's Day.
I thought it rocked!
I even used it last night. My kids smear all kinds of things into our carpet - I'll spare the details. So I was thrilled to get this baby.
The girls thought the box it came in was a present from Heaven. They played in that thing for hours.
I'm not strangling her, I promise. That's just how we cuddle while Gwen gives Phoebe a turn inside the box.
And Isaac serenaded me with a breathy number on the recorded . He just makes me smile.
It was a beautiful day yesterday, too. We had a good time soaking up the sun.
Especially Gwen.
The kids and I didn't make it to church that day... we all have colds. Of course. But Logan brought me home this little flower and I potted it right away. It's the only flower I have and I've been babying the thing since yesterday.
I think it's dying.
It's pretty though, whatever it is.
And the most patient mother of the day award goes to...
Me.
Because Isaac took it in his own hands to get more cheerios. And instead of laying my head down in defeat as I was tempted to do, I grabbed my camera in defeat instead...
and let them chow down.
Saves on dishes this way.
Later in the day or tomorrow morning or possibly next month when I get a spare moment, I'll post on Isaac's birthday which is today... so technically it's His Day, really, but I'll catch you all up on that tomorrow.
Possibly.
Happy Mother's Day!!
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day!! You're such a good mom. Love the pictures. And LOVE the present. That does rock. lol. ;)
Post a Comment