Monday, July 12, 2010

Princess Gwen Turns Three!

Gwen's birthday was Saturday, and, as everyone keeps telling me, I have a three-year-old! Sometimes I can't believe it's only been 3 years. Sometimes I feel like she should be a teenager already. But most times I can't believe she's not a baby anymore. She speaks in complete sentences now (and I can understand her more than half the time), she loves pizza, she helps take care of her sister (when she's not pushing her over). She's no longer my little ball of energy... she's now my big, gigantic, how-the-heck-am-I-going-to-catch-her ball of energy. She may be a little hard to handle at times, and she can be strong-willed and hyper, but I think those qualities will make her a successful person. She's going to be great at sports. I need to figure out how to contain that energy, keep her safe, and make sure I don't discipline the love of motivation right out of her. This little girl is awesome.

Gwen on the morning of her birthday. She's so excited to be three! All day long she chanted "It's my birthday!" and while at the grocery store picking up party food, she told everybody she was three. A woman from the bakery even gave her a free cookie. Yay for more birthday sugar!

She was so happy she even gave her sister a hug without being asked to.

And gave her many kisses, as long as I was taking pictures.

Since I forgot my camera for the first half of the party (what kind of mother am I?) I didn't get many pictures of the party. But here's one of her opening a present - Snow White! She loves Disney princesses, but she only had The Little Mermaid. She now goes around the apartment singing "Hi Ho! Hi ho!"

Here's Gwen in her new princess bedding, wearing her new princess sunglasses and new princess outfit. She's not exactly a girly girl (her favorite color is blue, believe it or not) but she certainly loves her Princesses!

Rockin her new glasses before church. I'm surprised she let us take them off of her before she left.
Happy birthday, love!

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

happy birthday gwen!!!

thanks for inviting us to her party, we had a blast!

Tara said...

I heard her party was quite fun! Happy Birthday Gwen!

Becca said...

Ahhh, happy birthday Gwen!!! She's soooo darn cute. :)