Friday, November 21, 2008

Nursery Already

I added a slideshow of pictures of Gwen's first birthday. I realized nobody has seen her birthday pictures, since I haven't even had them developed yet. We're really bad at getting our pictures developed. I haven't even had last Christmas' photos developed. I still have Gwen's birth on my camera still. That's mainly because I can't bring myself to delete them. Still, I need to get to Wal-Mart and spend about a 100 bucks to get all my pictures developed finally. I hope we'll be good when Phoebe's born and take as many pictures of her as we did Gwen. With Gwen, we took about ten poses of the same little scene every time we took her picture. We've stopped taking so many pictures already, which makes me worried that we'll forget to take pictures of the next baby. I'm sure that won't happen. My kids are meant to be in pictures. Gwen is such a little ham, honestly. She takes my camera now and tries to take pictures of herself, saying "Chee! Chee!" It's really hard to take a candid shot of her. Once she sees that camera, she stops whatever cute thing she's doing and runs to the camera, "Chee! Chee!" That's probably why we don't take as many pictures.

Gwen is 16 months, but she's going to be starting nursery this Sunday. I teach primary and Logan teaches the family history class, so we've been given permission to start Gwen in nursery early. I'm so scared! She's too young for nursery! She still puts everything in her mouth, and she doesn't know how to share toys. Honestly, I think she's too agressive. She's not shy at all, and she gets into every little kid's face, scaring the poor kid to death. We can't even stay with her for her first time, because we both have class to teach. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Logan says she'll be just fine, but I have my doubts. What if the kids are mean to her? I thought I would love to put Gwen in nursery early, but I've changed my mind. Isn't 16 months too young?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Rachelle, I found your blog on Linz's. I can't believe how old Gwen is getting. She is definitely a cutie. I used to be in nursurey and I would love to have her in there. I didn't know you guys were having another girl, that is so fun and exciting. When are you due?

Eliza said...

I'm glad you guys have a blog, it's pretty fun. I'm sure Gwen will be fine in nursery, she seems really well adjusted for as young as she is and if she's a little aggressive then that means that she won't get picked on. I know it's hard since she's your first but I think she'll do great. Trust me, I don't think very many nursery age kids know how to share, so don't worry about that. It was cute to see her birthday pics, I hope my kids didn't ruin too many of them, it's so hard at b-day parties cuz they just want to be there so close to the action so I'm sorry about that, but we were happy to be there. Let me know if you need anything or someone to watch Gwen!

Lindsay and Ron said...

Oh my heck, my mom told me that Gwen went to nursery and I can't believe how fast she grew up! She did fine I'm sure...she definitely knows how to hold her own...I'm sure she just walked in there like she owned the place! I can't wait to see you guys on Tuesday :)

Tara said...

Ok, I hope this doesn't freak you out, because I have never met you, but I am Eliza & Mich's sister, Tara. I think its so great you guys have a blog, your little Gwen is soo super cute. Eliza has always told me that one, though. Congrats on another little girl! I love the name. You'll have to tell Logan I said, Hi, he probably barely remembers me, but we are the same age! Well, just thought I'd let you know I was stopping by! Take care!